||Vision of 21st Century Learning|
Creating leaders and global citizens prepared to thrive in a changing world.
The 21st century requires an education that prepares students to live and work in an increasingly connected world.
Students progress academically, understand diverse perspectives, and contribute to our local and global communities.
Teachers apply research based approaches to enhance students’ mastery of core academic knowledge by integrating these essential skills:
- Articulate thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written and nonverbal communication skills in a variety of forms and contexts
- Listen effectively to decipher meaning
- Use communication for a range of purposes
- Utilize multiple media and technologies
- Communicate effectively in diverse environments
- Work effectively and respectfully with diverse teams
- Exercise flexibility and willingness to be helpful in making necessary compromises to accomplish a common goal
- Assume shared responsibility for collaborative work, and value the individual contributions made by each team member
Creativity & Innovation
- Think creatively
- Work creatively with others
- Implement innovations
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Reason effectively
- Use systems thinking
- Make judgments and decisions
- Identify, define and solve authentic problems and essential questions
- Collect, assess, and analyze relevant information
- Reflect critically on learning experiences, processes, and solutions
- Investigate the world beyond immediate environment
- Recognize and articulate perspectives thoughtfully and respectfully.
- Communicate with diverse audiences, bridging geographic, linguistic, ideological, and cultural barriers.
- Participate wholly and reflectively in the world.