Foundation 51 Grants Awarded
April 24, 2013 – Foundation 51 Awards $14,951 in Grant Initiatives
CUMBERLAND/NORTH YARMOUTH - Foundation 51 has announced the nine grants recipients from its Spring 2013 Grants Cycle. The nine awards total $14,951 bringing the total amount awarded since inception to $435,048!
• People in Your Neighborhood, 2nd Grade Visit to Skyline Farm
• Indoor Playground for PT/Gross Motor Development Room
• At-risk Students’ Learning Space Improvement Through Use of
• LEGO Robotics in Education (18 Mindstorm Robotics Kits)
• Learning Biology Through Experimentation on Plants (4 Grow Boxes)
• Waterlily (Adaptive Art Project)
• Therapeutic Horseback Riding at Riding to the Top
• Teachers Seminar for LD291 Integration ((Native American History)
• Maine’s Historic Relationship with Aomori, Japan: A Picture Book for Young Readers
About Foundation 51
The mission of Foundation 51 is to promote educational excellence in MSAD 51 by funding initiatives that improve teaching and learning and by inspiring community involvement for the benefit of our schools.
Applications for the Fall 2013 grant cycle are available at www.foundation51.org. Teachers, staff, parents and students of MSAD #51 are encouraged to apply. Each grant request is reviewed by a committee of parents, students, and educators to determine where the dollars will have the most valuable impact on the students of our community.