Onall students at NYMS will participate in a nationwide celebration of art called EveryArtist Live!
In order to make this event happen 16 volunteers are needed on - 1 volunteer for each NYMS classroom
Time commitment: 1 hour. Artistic ability is not required!
The goal of EveryArtist Live! is to spark human creativity and to set a world record for the most works of art created on the same day, and to compose that art into a digital mural that celebrates creativity. FMI please visit : http://everyartist.me/
This is a great opportunity for parents and caregivers, grandparents, and grandfriends to help give children confidence to carry their creativity into the world.
Volunteers can choose their group:
Group 1/5th grade classes:
Group 2/4th grade classes:
Volunteers at NYMS will:
1. download the EveryArtist app onto their smartphone/device prior to arriving at NYMS
2. introduce the EveryArtist activity to a classroom of students.
Classroom teachers will play the EveryArtist video to inspire the creation of the drawing on the theme of gratitude and gather art supplies.
3. distribute a sheet of paper to each student
4. offer encouragement as students create
5. collect completed artwork from each student
6. pass out EveryArtist stickers to students
7. take individual photos of each piece of art (20-24 pieces) and upload them to the EveryArtist web site (this will happen in the NYMS Art Room)
8. collect all artwork from "their" class into a folder
All volunteers are invited (encouraged) to return to NYMS on the morning of to hang the EveryArtist Art Show on the walls of the NYMS MPR, this is not required but would be very helpful.
Note: Students at MIW will also take part, on . Additional volunteers are needed on that date as well.
Detailed instructions and the schedule for volunteers will be available soon.
The Arts Alliance is pleased to support this creative opportunity for our students. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer!
Arts Alliance, Chair